Thursday, February 13, 2014

Are you losing your mind?

I walk into a room and can't remember why I went in there. I forget names of people. If I have more than 2 items to get at the store, I have to write a list. Are you like me?
Did you know that aerobic exercise helps to rejuvenate the aging brain? Physical exercise plays a role in slowing the cognitive decline associated with Alzheimer's. In a small study conducted in Seattle, the participants with an average age of 70 were divided into 2 groups. One group participated in aerobic exercise 45-60 minutes a day, four days a week and the second group did only stretching exercises. After 6 months, the group doing the aerobic exercise not only stalled memory loss, but improved it.
If you think of our bodies as the magnificent machines that they are, it only makes sense to keep up the maintenance required to run at optimal performance. You change the oil in your car, don't you? You replace the filters in the A/C, right? Do the maintenance on yourself as well. How much is the right amount? You should strive to exercise one minute for every year of your life daily. (50 years old = 50 minutes of exercise)
What was I going to do next? Oh yeah, go to the gym.
                                                                          (If I were coral, I would be brain coral cuz I work out!)

No comments:

Post a Comment